TEXT JANOW PODLASKI
Lidia Pawłowska, marzec 2003
|Bay Stallion ar. 1979, Breeder Janów Podlaski|
|Sire Line:||Kuhailan Haifi or.ar.|
|Dam Line:||Gazella or.ar.|
| |On 5 January 2003, the stud Town & Country Farm in the US, went Wiking, Janów-bred stallion brave, the legend of the track, racing sire of all time.
He was born almost exactly 24 years earlier - January 25, 1979 year. He was named after a courageous and hard warrior. Was this a prophecy? Is success could be predicted?
Wiking father, beautiful Etap
,who did well on the track - 2/14 (2-4-1) - turned out to be the father of horses both comely and exceptionally talented racers. Died prematurely, leaving a small group of children. However, in this group we find so few great horses as:
- Set -Polish Champion (1982), leading to Michałow and Bialka and Krakus Arabians (USA), sold to France in 1995
- Polonez -leading in Janow, leased to Kit Hall Arabians (USA), Top Ten show in Scottsdale, Top Ten Championships in Canada, sold to Brazil in 1987, Champion of Brazil (1991);
- Euros -Scottsdale Reserve Champion Stallion (1988);
- Candela -European Champion and Champion Nations Cup 1983;
- Beliza -Polish National Champion (1984), sold in 1990 to the United States;
- Borowina -Polish National Champion (1990), the mother of sires, Racing Champions Borysław(Champion 1988) and Borka (champion of 1991 and 1992);
- Wineta -sister of Wikings, great horse racing - 2/12 (5-3-1-1), the first inter alia Sabellina Prize (1983) and the Prize Sambora (1983), the second in the Prize of Janow and Oaks; sold to the United States in 1994.
| Wineta sister to Wiking|
|fot. Zofia Raczkowska|
On the side of the mother Wilma
,Viking represented excellent racing family. As befits a daughter Pietuszok
,deserved racing sire, sire of many winners came back from a two-year Wilma workout on the track, which has behind it 13 successful starts - 2/13 (3-7-2). His predisposition owed not only his father but also his mother, grandmother Wiking - mares Worskla
.Worskla carried the blood of the outstanding Laura
,which ran for 4 seasons, started 16 times - 4/16 (10-1-2) - including won the Derby and Comparative Award. She gave a stallion Wosk
,Wilma's brother, who ran on the track until six years, competed 31 times - 6/31 (10-7-6) - including Derby and won 6 races outside.
Wilma gave the winners apart from the Wiking races outside: Wiktor
,full sister Viking - mentioned earlier Vineta and stallion Wist
-used in Poland, sold to Brazil, the father of racehorses m.in
& AH Rhapsodyn Blue
.Among daughters, Wilma was also beautiful Winda
, Polish Youth Champion of the first national show in 1979, but unfortunately this filly fell.
What was he Wiking? He grew up on an athletic stallion. At the age of three years, with równieśnikami was sent for training at the Służewiec race. In 1982-84 competed in 19 races - 3/19 (8-4-1). Here are the results of races registered służewieckim played on the track:
First place: Comet Stakes (1983), N. Kuhailan Haifi (1984), N. Witraż (1984), Ofir (1984), N. Kurozwęki (1984);
Second place: Pasque N. (1983), N. Bandos (1984), N. Czort (1984);
Third place: N. Baska (1983).
In 1984, the Viking was put up for auction on the so-called. silent halls. Did not reach the expected price but then drew attention to the state Curtelis, American breeders, owners stud Town & Country Farms in McIntosh, Florida. In October 1984, they bought a Viking and deported to the United States. Thus began a new phase rich in success in his life.
|Wiking (Etap x Wilma)|
|fot. z archiv Stud|
Back in 1984, immediately after the arrival of Polish, Viking started grated on the tracks in the US. I immediately threatened rivals. He took part in three races - one win and two was the second. But it was only the beginning. In the following years - 1985 and 1986 - took part in 16 races in which he was the first 11 times, 4 times a second and only once finished,, only 'third place! Here are the results of the Viking on the tracks in the United States:
1984: 3 (1-2-0); the sum of US $ 7,320 price;
1985: 11 (8-2-1); the sum of US $ 39,462 price;
1986: 5 (3-2-0); the sum of US $ 51,000 price;
I place in the races: AJC Classic (1985), Sambor Classic (1985), Lasma South Classic (1985), Armand Hammer Classic (1986), iarba Championship (1986), Gladys Brown Edwards (1986);
Second place in the races: AJC Classic (1984), MARA Fall H (1984), Armand Hammer Classic (1985), iarba Championship (1985), Delaware Arabian Cup Turf (1986), Delaware Arabian Cup Classic (1986);
Third place in the race: AJC Turf (1985).
In addition, the Viking set a record for a distance of 1 1/4 mile - sometimes 2'18,5 '' - about 1 second better than the last. In 1985 he received the title of Horse of the Year - IAHA Horse of the Year in 1985.
|Wiking Armand Hammer Classic wins in 1986|
|fot. z Archiv Stud|
Even more impressive than his racing career proved to be his breeding career. In the ranking of the best Arabian racing sires, prepared for the end of the last millennium by the magazine,, Arabian Horse World '' (AHW Quarterly Winter / 2000), Viking took undisputed first place. The sum of prize money won at the track by his descendants (200 starters) exceeded the amount of $ 5,000,000 (5,073,393)! It is worth noting that the stud, which took another place in this ranking, can boast of smaller sums than doubled:
- place 2: Samtyr - 2.352.441 USD,
- place 3: Monarch AH, son Wiking - 1.747.487 USD,
- place 4: Sambor - 1.484.999 USD.
In this case, the number of descendants starujących and the average amount for taking off in the event of the Viking were much higher than those of rivals.
|Monarch AH (Wiking x Sasanka)|
|fot. Johnny Johnston|
For us, the most important Wiking offspring proved Monarch AH - last foal of another legend of the track, Janow Sasanka
,Representatives from Sabellina
, famous for its outstanding racehorses. Monarch has become a phenomenon on the track, and then - became famous as a stud. He gave inter alia mare Royal Atheena that during the two-year career - 2/18 (14-3-0) 11-1 - won US $ 273,437, won titles: Horse of the Year (1999), the Sprinter of the Year (1999), Champion Mare 3 year and 4-year-old (Darley 3-Year-Old Champion Filly, Darley 4-Year-Old Champion Filly), and said lower ranking high AHW took 4th place. The younger of the two years, another sensational daughter MONARCH AH, Janow Savvannah
,recently completed starts on the track - 3/18 (13-3-1-1) - and begins his breeding career at his alma stud.
In the ranking of American horse racing, prepared by,, Arabian Horse World '' Monarch AH ranked in the top ten, along with two other horses on the Wiking :
- 3rd place: mare Dixie Darlene b. 1994 - 3/40 (17-10-4), 8 wins races registered, 9 other places in races registered payouts; the sum of the prize: US $ 281,689; Champion Mare 4-year (Darley 4-Year-Old Champion Filly), Horse of the Year 1998;
- 8th place: stallion Patriot Missleb. 1991 - 4/26 (16-4-4), including 15 registered wins races, 6 other places in races registered payouts; the sum of the prize: US $ 244,183; three times Champion Stallion (Darley Champion Colt), Horse of the Year 1995;
- 10th place: stallion Monarch AH b. 1987 - 3/23 (19-3-0), including 14 registered wins races, 3 other registered awarded in races; the sum of the prize: US $ 213,646; three times Champion Stallion (Darley Champion Colt);
It's not the end of a long list of successful young Wiking, led by yet included:
- Stallion The Wiking b. 1993 - 3/21 (12-4-1), including 7 wins races registered, 5 other places in races registered payouts; the sum of the prize: US $ 189,195;
- Stallion Sideways b. 1993 - 5/32 (11-3-3), including 7 wins races registered, 2 other registered awarded in races; the sum of the prize: US $ 165,906;
- Mare Seyvilla Wikeyna b. 1993 (from Seyvilla Zahleyn after Seyvilla Radzeyn) - 1/7 (7-0-0), including 6 wins races registered; the sum of the prize: US $ 97,653; Champion Mare 3-year (Darley 3-Year-Old Champion Filly); in 1997 exported from the US, hence the lack of future career in the US;
- Gelding Seeking AH b. 1990 - 5/25 (6-10-4), including 3 wins race registered, 10 other places in the races registered payouts; the sum of the prize: US $ 96,828; Champion Stallion 4-year (Darley 4-Year-Old Champion Colt);
- Mare Widania b. 1988 - 3/20 (9-3-2), including 5 wins races registered, 2 other registered awarded in races; the sum of the prize: US $ 82,137;
- Stallion WF Wincentb. 1991 (from Dun sabellina after Dunajec) - 1/6 (3-1-0), including 1 win race-transferable, awarded 1st place in pursuit of names; the sum of the prize: US $ 81,266;
- Mare Easter IA b. 1991 - 3/22 (9-0-4), including 5 registered wins races, 1st place awarded in pursuit of names; the sum of the prize: US $ 72,505; Champion Mare 4-year (Darley 4-Year-Old Champion Filly);
- Mare Wikings Dream b. 1990 (from Tynne after Kerobert 1970) - 3/21 (11-2-3), including 3 wins race registered, 5 other places in races registered payouts; the sum of the prize: US $ 70,109; Champion Mare 3-year (Darley 3-Year-Old Champion Filly).
|Wiking track legend|
Wiking passed bravery, endurance and strength. He left in the US half thousand horses (to January 2001 was 498 offspring). A special role in the local culture play a racing profile of his daughter. They were mainly on the top of the rankings Viking sires, which did not leave for several years in a row. In 1994, he became the first Arab stallion whose offspring won its on the track more than a million dollars. In subsequent years, this amount increased until the end of 1999 exceeded 5 million! After the race several times won the title Stud of the Year, has been in the US Viking Stud hailed All Time (All time leading sire of Arabian race horses). He also found a place in the prestigious Arabian Horse Trust Racing Hall of Fame.
He went into the alley of fame. I went away full of glory, as befits a warrior ...
|TOM ARABIANS |